Dentures are relined for the following reasons:
– to treat pressure spots
– to improve fit, re-adapt the denture
– to cushion sharp-edged alveolar processes
– to support the healing process in dental implantology
Procedure for Direct Relining of Denture with a Permanent soft relining material ( Ufi Gel P by Voco )
1. Grind down all surfaces to be relined by at least 1 mm.
2. Clean and dry, then apply alcohol.
3. Apply adhesive to surface foor the relining material. Let the denture to dry for 1 minute.
4. Mix equal lengths of base and catalyst for 30 seconds.
5. Apply to denture, working time is 2 minutes.
6. Insert denture into patient’s mouth. Close mouth for 1 minute, then have the patient perform masticatory movements for 5 minutes.
7. Remove the denture.
8. After 10 minutes, trim excess material with scalpel.
9. Mix glazing base and catalyst in 1 : 1 ratio.
10. Apply mixtture on cut surfaces. Let it set for 10 minutes.
11. Instruct the patient:
Instructions to Patient
a. do not eat until 1 hour after relining.
b. clean the denture with soft toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste.
c. do not use detergent or agressive cleanser.
Other Commonly Used Soft Denture Reline Materials
1. SOFRELINER® MS/S by Tokuyama
2. GC Reline Soft, Extra Soft, and Ultra Soft by GC
3. Luci-Sof Denture Liner by Dentsply